4 ounces slab bacon cut into 1/4” dice
8 ounces cleaned baby brussels sprouts
12 pre-roasted fingerling potato halves
2 lbs untreated U-10 scallops, cleaned
vegetable oil as needed
1 Tbsp minced rosemary
1 Tbsp minced crystallized ginger
1/4 tsp plus 1 tsp kosher salt
1 cup water
1/4 cup A Useful Sauce Indeed
1 Tbsp cold butter
1. Brown the bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat, about 4 minutes. Pour off half of the bacon fat into a second skillet.
2. Add the brussels sprouts to the first skillet and the potato halves to the second, cut side down.
3. Over medium high heat, brown the brussels sprouts, tossing often to avoid burning, about 4 minutes. Add rosemary, ginger, 1/4 tsp salt, water and A Useful Sauce Indeed. Bring to a simmer, lower heat and cook 10 minutes. Stir in cold butter.
4. Meanwhile, heat the potato halves in the bacon fat over medium low heat until warm and browned, about 10 minutes.
5. Also meanwhile, season scallops with 1 tsp salt. Heat a heavy skillet over high heat. Add 1/8” vegetable oil and add scallops immediately. Do not overcrowd the skillet - you can work in batches.
6. Brown scallops on one side, then flip and brown on the other.
To serve, divide brussels sprouts and the sauce remaining in the skillet between 4 bowls. Distribute the scallops between the bowls and add potato halves to finish.
Recipe found here.